Screen Dependence - Oct 17
Technology: Taking Back Control
Parents, join us for this two-part workshop on screen depencence. Determine healthy levels of screentime use for your home, and take the reins of tech firmly in hand. At your discretion due to sensitive content, you may invite children aged 16+ to participate with you
Workshop runs from 6:50 pm - 9:00 pm on Thursday, with part one on Oct 17 and part 2 on Oct 24.
There is no prerequisite for this workshop.
In this workshop:
- How much is too much? Learn what a healthy screentime balance is - for you and your children.
- How technology is literally re-wiring our brains.
- How screen dependence develops and affects us: the brain's ability to learn, our body and our relationships.
- Recognizing unhealthy screentime in your home.
- Gaining insight into healthy digital 'diet and nutrition'.
- Ways to use technology as a tool rather than letting it control our lives.
- How to wean ourselves and our children from too much screen time and re-establish healthy relationships in our home.
|Event Date||Thursday, 17 Oct, 2019|
|Event End Date||Thursday, 24 Oct, 2019|
|Cut off date||Thursday, 17 Oct, 2019|
|Price||$60 per couple or individual|