Kananaskis Rock Climbing C
Enjoy real-life rock climbing on the Wasootch Slabs in beautiful Kananaskis. Learn ground skills and how to use the tools, and practise climbing with skilled instructors. Beginners are welcome, though there is opportunity for more experienced climbers to challenge a more difficult course.
Registration: $165.00 per family.
Climbing Camp is for all ages and abilities. Parents can also try climbing if they like.
There are two Camps to choose from, Camp C and Camp D. Families can register for one camp or both. If families would like to register for both, the $165 fee must be paid for each camp.
Kananaskis Conservation Pass
Vehicles parked at provincial park and public land sites in Kananaskis Country, and the Bow Valley need a Conservation Pass. Cost is $15.00 per day.
Here is the link:
This is a day camp and we won't have overnight accommodation included. However, families travelling a distance are welcome to reserve camping in one of the nearby campgrounds: The closest is Mount Kidd RV park with full hook-ups. The next closest is Eau Clair Campground with 51 sites suitable for RVs and tents (no services), $26 a night. All the other campgrounds are about a half hour drive away. This is Lower lakes, Boulton Creek, Elkwood, InterLakes in Peter Lougheed Park.
This event is for WISDOM families only.
Details of the day:
- Climbing will be at Wasootch Slabs in Kananaskis.
- All climbing equipment/gear will be supplied except for helmets. I have a few helmets. If your child has a bicycle helmet or a ski helmet, please bring it.
- Running shoes tied snugly will work the best. Avoid heavy footwear.
- There will be a safety meeting before the climbing begins. Please arrive at 10:00am at the crag (where the ropes will be set-up) for this safety meeting.
- Climbing starts at 10:30am and goes till 4:00pm. We will have a 1 hr lunch break at Noon. Bring lunch.
- This is a wonderful location for beginners.
- The crag is only a short (200m) walk from the parking lot.
- Bring folding chairs to sit and cheer your climbers on. It is a great location to just sit and enjoy a sunny day.
- Outhouses are at the parking lot. There is one outhouse close to the crag, but you will need to bring your own paper and perhaps a little stronger constitution (since it is not really looked after).
- We will be in a natural environment and climbing is serious, as such, no foolish behaviour will be tolerated.
|Event Date||Tuesday, 6 Sep, 2022|
|Cut off date||Wednesday, 31 Aug, 2022|
|Price||$165 per family|