WISDOM exists to support traditional (parent-directed) home schooling. Your family decides what is taught, how it is taught and when it is taught.
After the funding count date of September 30, not all home education programs make themselves available to un-funded students. What are your options?
- Enroll with your resident school board. They are legally obligated to facilitate you if you provide them with Notification.
- Notify directly with Alberta Education, using this form. There are no facilitator visits, no evaluations, and no funding, and the option is available year round.
- Notify an associate board or associate private school. Some will accept mid-year transfers and some will not. Most will charge an enrollment fee.
WISDOM is the home school service of an associate private school that will accept a limited number of mid-year transfers on a case-by-case basis. We do not charge a fee, but do appreciate those families who make a donation to help offset our costs.
To join us:
- Please submit one Family Form for your family
- Submit a Home Education Notification Form for each child
- Submit a copy of your child's birth certificate (or Canadian passport). Enrollment is not possible without valid ID. Upload via secure uploader.
- Create an Education Program Plan for each child. This is your most important document, as it defines your home education program and assures your authority.
Once we have received your notification we will contact you to verify that all has been received. We are happy to help you make the transition to home education with WISDOM.