WISDOM Home Schooling was founded in 1995 by two home educating couples who saw the need for parents to be supported with maximum control over their own schooling at home, deciding what is taught to their children, as well as how and when it is taught. WISDOM was established as the home schooling administration of Trinity Christian School, Cold Lake, AB.
As a result of the founders' promise to uphold parents as primary educators, all decisions and policies are developed with the intent of supporting parents as they educate their children. The Trinity Board of directors is well represented by home schooling parents. Because the members of our facilitating team, our office staff and our Parent Advisory Council are home schooling grads or parents, their responses and service reflect this insight and commitment. We support all teaching methods from highly structured to unschooling, classical to eclectic to world-schooling.
WISDOM Home Schooling is part of a Christian organization, serving families with a wide variety of religious beliefs, as well as families who do not profess any particular faith. Our mandate is to build culture through supporting home education and family life, whatever that looks like for you. We serve home schooling families everywhere in the province of Alberta, Canada.
WHERE ARE WE?
- WISDOM is made up of home schooling families all across Alberta, so in that sense, WISDOM is "everywhere"! Some of our families, while Alberta residents, are living temporarily (military, travel or ministry) all over the globe. Our magazine has subscribers from all around the world, too.
- Our school, Trinity Christian School, is in Cold Lake. All of our in-school and home education administration and staff is wholly supportive of home education.
- You can find the WISDOM office staff working out of the main home education office near the small town of Derwent, Alberta. This is the hub through which all home schooling paperwork flows.
- Your facilitator probably lives somewhere reasonably near you, as we do try to keep them closer to their home (and their own home schooling family). Our facilitators live all over Alberta. They visit your home twice a year, and are also available via phone and email at all times.
- Our camps, workshops and other events span the province, wherever there is enough interest and a suitable location.
- Our Mediated Learning Program holds workshops province-wide, and they are now available in 3-session online modules.