Are you ready to improve your child's learning?
WISDOM's workshops will help you apply mediated learning in your home. If you are a parent who learns by doing, you will find our workshop format very helpful.
In-Person: Day-long, practical, hands-on events are available in major centres across the province. After a day of immersing yourself in mediational methods, you will be surprised at how easy it is to have an immediate and lasting impact on the way you home school.
Online: Join a series of 2-hour sessions that will include instruction, parent participation, and opportunity for Q & A. As participants meet in a virtual classroom, a strong internet connection and a microphone/speaker are required.
Materials for the Mediated Learning workshops are protected by copyright. Recording of any session is prohibited.
About our workshops
- Spark learning for every student: challenged to gifted.
- Through activities, discussions, and skill-building exercises, get a solid grasp of the foundations of the mediational teaching method; learn to apply it to any child, using any curriculum.
- Understand how the brain learns best and how Mediated Learning can be incorporated into family life.
- Access tools that make learning engaging and meaningful for your child.
- Explore the importance of parent/child attachment and learn ways to keep it healthy.
- Discover problem-solving techniques that help to strengthen cognitive weaknesses.
- Leave the workshop with firm personal and family goals in place, as well as a plan to achieve them.
The Foundations Workshop is a prerequisite to attending any other Mediated Learning workshop
- Go from conflict to cooperation.
- Find positive ways of addressing behavioural challenges.
- Grow in skills which help in dealing with delays, blocking, fear of failure, fear of succeeding, lack of confidence, and argumentative behaviour.
- Learn nine key areas of living, performance, and stability.
- Engage in personal and group activities that will increase your ability to identify learning barriers and address frustration.
- Bring your home to new place of success and peace.
- Brain building workshop.
- Use Mediated Learning in practical ways: Focus on logic, organization, problem-solving, and planning.
- Learn specific strategies to focus the learner on thinking processes and awareness of change. “How did you solve that problem?” “What did you use?” “How can you help yourself?”
- Learn the kinds of questions that trigger critical thinking and help children become solution-focused.
- Become more confident in applying Mediated Learning to any challenge.
REading and math
- There is no such thing as stuck.
- Use Mediated Learning to work past reading and math difficulties.
- Explore readiness.
- Learn about perception challenges (dyslexia/dyscalculia) and how to work with your child.
- Learn the roots of reading and math issues, and direct this knowledge toward a fresh start for children wounded by negative experience.
- Receive tips and proven strategies.
- Go from struggle to success.
- Explore student attitude and belief by using the mediational method.
- Assess weaknesses and strengths.
- Help children struggling with focus, memory, confusion, processing, frustration, planning and learning delays.
- Come away with an action plan.
- Come away with hope; moving from "I can't." to "I can."
Mediating High school
- For youth 13 and older, with at least one parent attending.
- Directed to students, helping them become more self-directed.
- Focus on goal-setting, staying motivated, healthy study and healthy living.
- Receive effective tools for becoming more responsible and mature.
- Learn to self-mediate, to ask meaningful questions, and to grow as critical thinkers.
- Explore “calling”.
- Take charge of behaviour and learn to plan for the future.
Technology: Finding Balance
- How much is too much?
- Learn the signs of too much screen time and what to do when there is.
- Learn how to find and maintain a healthy balance in your home.
Fees and Schedule
Offered to WISDOM families in 3 weekly sessions. $60
Let us know if you'd like one in your region.
Check back frequently for updates and changes — notices are also posted on WISDOM's Facebook page:www.facebook.com/WISDOMHomeSchooling
"The presenters did a wonderful job! Loved that we did activities that were challenging. It was a good reminder for me to understand my children better and to have more patience and understanding when they don't grasp a concept right away."
— WISDOM mom