The WISDOM Family Magazine is a compilation of articles from educating professionals, parenting experts, special needs consultants, home schooling parents, students, and more. We always welcome your submissions.
Ideas for Submissions...
We love it when your submissions fall under one of the following categories. If you are sending something for a specific column, please note this in your email's subject line (eg: November Magazine: For Fathers column).
Columns we welcome you to submit to:
- A Child's Words (tell us about one of those cute or embarrassing moments with your child)
- Activities (do you have a project to share? Send photos and your project how to!)
- Aim High (featuring the work of students, or stories about their successes)
- Character (focus on your child or family's growth in character)
- Encouragement/In the Trenches (share something that will build up home schoolers)
- Feature (if you would like to write an article that fits with the theme of an upcoming magazine, please do so! An article about your own experiences, or one that shares personal knowledge on a topic is best.)
- For Fathers (does Dad have something to share with other home schooling dads?)
- For Moms (encouraging words for home schooling mothers)
- Health (how does your family stay healthy?)
- Home School Experiences (there are some things that you just wouldn't experience if you weren't home schooling... tell us about a great home schooling experience, be it a "field trip", family project....)
- Home School Tips & Tricks/Educational Extras (things that work well in your home, usually something that is a great supplement to learning or method of teaching that has revolutionized your home)
- Letters to the Editor (talk about WISDOM, the Magazine, your facilitator, or your home school)
- Marriage (in our culture of disposable relationships - write about how you make it stick)
- Parent Talk (share something from the heart and home front)
- Politics/In the News/The Home School World (have you seen something in the news about home education that is worthy of reprinting? Are you involved in your local political scene, or perhaps following the pulse of home education in the world?)
- Resources, Reviews & the Rest (tell us about a product or book or DVD or tool that has been a great resource for your family!)
- Spotlight on Sucess/Looking Back/Where They Are Now (a column sharing the story of long-time home schoolers, and celebrating the success of our graduates.)
- Student Feature (generally on current events or concerns, movie reviews, book reviews, etc, by students)
- Subjects (write something educational or inspirational about math, literature, science, social studies, art, etc.)
- Dear Marmy (ask a question of a wise home schooling mother)
Don't forget, we love to use real, home schooling photos of real, home schooling families. Better still if the photos are of WISDOM families! Send your photos to us along with the photographer's name and the name of the subject, and we will consider them for publication.