Friday session, banquet, social & ballroom dance (with instruction for those who wish to dance),
Saturday talks, panels, post-secondary institutions and answers to your questions.
Join us to:
- invest in your own education
- interact with post-secondary institutions and employers
- discover, plan and define your important years of highschool and beyond
- encounter new opportunities, meet with friends and expand your home school social circle
How to Enroll with WISDOM
WISDOM exists to support traditional (parent-directed) home schooling. Your family decides what is taught, how it is taught and when it is taught.
To enroll for the 2018 - 2019 school year:
- please submit a Home Education Notification Form for each child
- submit a copy of your child's birth certificate (or passport). Without a valid form of ID, funding is not available. Upload via encrypted sender.
- Create an Education Program Plan for each child. This is your most important document, as it defines your home education program and assures your authority. In order to give us time to review, suggest additions, and approve your plan, please provide it before the end of August.
- Refunds (for funded students) come via direct deposit for any reimbursement refund. Please fill out an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Application and submit it with a VOID Cheque or a bank account verification letter.
Once we have received your notification we will contact you to let them know it has arrived.
A note on deadlines: The AB Ed deadline for the school to complete enrolments for funded students is the last business day of September.
Welcome to WISDOM Home Schooling!
Register for Upcoming Events
- AUG 23-25 Baseball Camp
- SEP 14 Outdoor Rock Climbing Kananaskis 3
- SEP 15 Outdoor Rock Climbing Kananaskis 4
- SEP 28-29 Industrial Arts Course - Knife Making
- OCT 15 & 22 Debate Workshop - Camrose
- OCT 16 & 23 Debate Workshop - Calgary
Registration for the High School & Beyond Conference will be open on Aug 22! Save the Date - November 2-3, 2018, Edmonton.
Happy Canada Day!
Our office is closed for a short summer break, reopening July 9. Happy Canada Day!
Funding Carry Over Deadline
Don't forget! If you wish to claim any un-claimed funding to the 2018-2019 school year, the last day to submit a carry over form is June 30 (via email or fax) or June 29 via snail mail.
No printer? No problem. If you have Adobe Acrobat on your computer, or the Adobe Fill & Sign app on your phone or tablet, you can complete it digitally in a snap! NOTE: This form does not like to be filled in in your internet browser. Please download it and open it on your computer before completing it.