The Parent Support Council (PSC) is a group of home schooling parents who helps advise WISDOM on ways to best serve the home schooling community. PSC members must be WISDOM parents who profess the Apostles’ Creed. They meet twice a year for an in-camera meeting of the PSC followed by an assembly with facilitators, office staff and administrators.
Members of the PSC:
- provide prayer and moral support to WISDOM and the governing school authority;
- are ambassadors for WISDOM by their lifestyle;
- are a resource for the families of WISDOM (this role is not administrative but supportive);
- welcome families new to WISDOM;
- make themselves available for contact by our WISDOM families (see the "Read More" section of each bio for contact information);
- advocate to WISDOM on behalf of WISDOM parents;
- assist facilitators with local WISDOM events;
- may gather or write articles for the WISDOM website or magazine;
- are politically informed, engaged and aware;
- update WISDOM families about current issues that impact home schooling (watch for inserts in the WISDOM magazine).